Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 2


So I kinda skipped day one here. Well I didn't do it intentionally, but I didn't know I would be writing every day so anyway. I'll catch you up thus far in my adventure.
Yesterday:
Ride here- Slept, woke up and saw a pack of wolves.
Check-in- Went fine, long, but okay.
Orientation- told us to only lay down if a bear physically touched you.
Hike- Went to Norris Geyser Basin and walked with some girls- great fun
Ride home from Norris- Saw a bear on the side of the road
Dinner- I was going to dinner with the same girls I went to Norris with and we walked around the corner to the cafeteria and laying in front of the door was a HUGE buffalo!
Today:
Training- Super long! From 8:30-4:40 with some breaks in there somewhere
Hike- We heard about a suspension bridge that we thought would be fun to go on so we went where the ladies told us to go... or so we thought. They said it would take us an hour at the most. It took us an hour to find the bridge then 1.5 hours to get back with some guy bringing us up the rest of the way!
Now-Thinking sleep would be wonderful but might go to a fire with some girls... maybe...

1 comment:

Shell said...

and to think not only are you far far far away but I have to worry about you getting eaten by bears! It's crazy beautiful there though! If any bear tries to attack you just explain to him how much I love you and I'm sure he will understand and let you go.