
As I think about this year coming to an end I can't help but be sad. It's been a crazy year filled with learning and friendships and tears. It's been a year full of so much mixed emotions. Although I cried a lot, the laughter outweighs it all. God had such amazing plans for my life and even though I couldn't see them at the beginning, they couldn't be more clear now!
I have made some of the best friends I could have ever dreamed of here. Shelly has taught me so much about myself and God. I know that if I ever need anything I can turn to her. I realized that I had good friends back home, but now I have true friends; people that completely understand me. I have realized that I wouldn't have made it though the year without her! It kills me that I'm the one that makes things better and now she cries because I'm leaving; what am I supposed to do to make this better? I'm the one making it worse. Shelly, you have made such a difference in my life! I couldn't have asked God for a better friend this year!
To everyone reading this, I don't want you to think that the only thing God has done for me this year was give me a friend like Shelly. I have been given many more friends and God has revealed Himself to me through and through.
I volunteered my Monday and Tuesday nights at New Life Ranch mentoring kids and telling them about God. At first I felt like I was not fit at all for this position until I realized it wasn't me at all; it was God working though me. I was just a loving, tangible face for those kids.

God is Good! He has done so much for me this year and what have I done for Him? Nothing in comparison to what I could have done; what I should have done.
Psalm 136:2 "Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever."
No comments:
Post a Comment